02 July 2013

Up On The Roof:The Drifters. #5 on BB Hot 100 and #4 on R&B on ATLANTIC Records in 1962 - guitar chords

INTRO: G#

#1.
     G#                    Fm
When this old world starts getting me down,
    C#                  D#             G# 
and people are just too much for me to face.
                      Fm
I climb way up to the top of the stairs,
    C#                D#               G#    G#7 
and all my cares just drift right into space.
C#
On the roof, it's peaceful as can be..
    G#                Fm               C#
and there the world below can't bother me.
D# 
Let me tell you now..

#2.
     G#                  Fm
When I come home feelin' tired and beat,
  C#              D#               G# 
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet. 
                    Fm
I get away from the hustling crowd,
    C#                D#                G#    G#7 
and all that rat-race noise down in the street. 
C#
On the roof's, the only place I know..
      G#               Fm              C#
where you just have to wish to make it so.
      D#           G# 
Let's go up on the roof..


(INTERLUDE:) G# Fm C# D# G#


BRIDGE:
   C#
At night the stars put on a show for free.
     G#               Fm                C#
And, darling, you can share it all with me. 
D#
I keep on tellin' you..

#3.
G#                     Fm
Right smack dab in the middle of town,
     C#          D#                  G# 
I've found a paradise that's trouble proof.
                         Fm
And if this world starts getting you down,
        C#              D#             G# 
there's room enough for two, up on the roof.

OUTRO:
          Fm
Up on the roo..oo..oof..
             G#
oh, come on, baby..up on the roof.
             Fm
Oh, come on, honey..up on the roof..  
              G#
everything is all right..up on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope You Like
I m Waiting For Your Comments...


Popular Posts

folkfguitartabs@ Proudly. Powered by Blogger.